Visit to the Museum Border Peace (Vilar Formoso), Historic Villages of Mendo Castle and Vilar Maior. Lunch (included) in a typical restaurant in Vilar Formoso.
Data : 14 April
-Starting Coimbra (Cells) the 7:30.
– Visit Castelo Mendo, Historical Village of Portugal, led by Professor and researcher Carlos Castilla, who was part of the committee that chose the 10 Historic Villages of Portugal (first generation) and where we will know their places , some secrets and stories of this fantastic village.
– Visit the Peace Frontier Museum in Vilar Formoso. opened in 2017, is a memorial to refugees and Aristides de Sousa Mendes.
Are exposed six cores on the topics "People like us", "Home Nightmare", "The trip", "Vilar Formoso - Border of Peace", "On the lands of Portugal" and "The Departure".
The museum is housed next to the train station Vilar Formoso who has the most beautiful tile panels in a train station by João Alves e Sá.
– Guided tour of the forgotten and monumental Templar village of Vilar Maior.
– Lunch at restaurant: Tickets, Soup, Lamb stew, White wine and red regional, amounts, beer and mineral water, dessert and coffee.
– Arrival in Coimbra to 20:30.
PRICE PER PERSON:
– Adult: 42,00€
– child up 11 years: 21€
Tlm: 964414597 / 965556160
or via facebook, by message to our page https://www.facebook.com/portugalnotavel/
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
– Circuit tourist bus according to the itinerary;
– Guided by the researcher and teacher Carlos Castilla and the guide and actress Rita Miguel to the historic villages of Castelo Mendo and Vilar Maior.
– Personal accident insurance for travel;
– Lunch at a restaurant in Vilar Formoso.
– Visit the Frontier Museum of Peace.
For groups: THIS IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN OTHER TOUR DATES – STARTING WITH COIMBRA OR OTHER PLACES.